Monday, September 28, 2009

Santa Cruz Weekend for e2


Friday after work, I drove down to Mom's; the next morning we headed down to Capitola. The weather was warm, sunny, and beautiful. We spent the day relaxing and wandering through Capitola and Santa Cruz. When we checked into the motel that I had book, it quickly became evident why the room was such a bargain (no AC, on a busy street corner, relatively close proximity to the boardwalk, weird stains on the sides of the mattress that I did not give close consideration to, and I won't mention the carpet). Not quite a third world country, yet reminiscent.... Sunday morning I dressed in my special skulls & hearts socks (very feminine), coffeed up, and then we headed to Harvey West Park. I was running the puny 10K trail run (puny as compared to the 50K or 29K). The course was hilly and challenging, on single track & fire roads, through shaded mixed forests of oak, bay (I love the scent of trampled bay leaves), and coastal redwood. It was a terrific run! Sunday night I was back home in Chico, soaking in an ice bath and listening to Dr. Adventures tales of the Feather Fest and kayaking. By the way, if anyone would like to donate a right side hamstring I would be happy to offer an intact appendix in exchange.

3 comments: